Thursday, November 7, 2013

Could It Be Possible?

It's already time to start planning for Christmas?

I don't know about you, but I'm desperately trying to stay on top of how quickly Christmas rushes upon us. From holiday decor to Christmas cards, I've already been planning for new ideas and color schemes.
Every year since we got married, Jay and I have had a blue and silver Christmas tree. The look has evolved over time, but essentially remained the same. When we lived in Virginia Beach, we had room for three trees in our house, so we had my blue and silver tree, a tree with all the kids ornaments, and a hunting/fishing themed tree for all of Jay's ornaments. Since moving to Kansas, we really only have room for two trees, so Jay's ornaments have been sitting in boxes a few years.
Nevermind the children in the way of the tree....
This year I've been inspired by the beautiful shape and color of the antler sheds Jay has been bringing home from hunt trips, so I am going to incorporate that into our Christmas decorations, and pull out his box of decorations instead of my own. To that end, I've been scouring the internet for a way to pull out my style along with his. Of course, my first go-to is Anthropologie.
Woodland Stocking Holder
Night Owl Lights
And in the entertaining department:

I die. This takes all of my loves and puts them in to a neatly tied package. Birthday discount?

I missed out on last years horn collection because I dragged my feet on it. I am determined not to let that happen again. I love the entire collection. Probably a better use of my discount than a $300 tray set.

No Christmas would be complete without an apron that looks like a gorgeous dress!

But back to the decor. I hoping to pull off a more traditional and nostalgic feeling this year.
Source: Pinterest
Source: Pinterest
Source: Pinterest 
As for Christmas cards, I am trending toward the same traditional color scheme. So far, I have ordered these for myself:

I plan to pair together with skinny jeans and either high heels in black, or my tobacco colored boots. Jay will wear a flannel and jeans with boots.
For my kids, I'm doing a variety of flannels and sweaters in this scheme:

I plan to pair all these with simple jeans on bottom.
Here is my photo inspiration:
Source: Pinterest
I'm hoping we have some snow or frost on the ground when it's time to take the photo's. Getting 6 independent people together at the same time is the biggest challenge, so it might be tough to get the weather to cooperate.

Well, I've emptied my brain of my thoughts so far. What about you? Are you planning for Thanksgiving and Christmas yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment