Sunday, September 30, 2012

Impact


The latest Bible Study I am participating in has lined up nicely with the messages we have been hearing at church (I LOVE it when God does that!), and it has all come around to impacting the people around us.
I often wonder what my impact is. What legacy would I leave to my friends and family- and now coworkers) if I were suddenly gone? Would it be the kindness I strive so desperately for? Or would it be that I was a grump in the morning. (I am.) What would my children remember most about me?
In the things I have been reading and learning the last few weeks, those thoughts have extended outward more. There are so many hurting people. I am reminded of this poster I saw on Pinterest.




It's easy to get caught up in the irrelevant. Hello, I write a fashion blog, I understand how hypocritical that can sound. It's hard to see beyond the tip of your nose sometimes. Our schedules can be overwhelming, and make us feel overdrawn.
But what if we stepped out and just started putting into practice the things we know to be true? What if we looked for just one way to start impacting the people beyond our four walls? I don't want to say what that looks like for you, but for me, it starts with just finding one person to encourage. To show Christ's love with feet on it. Walking the thing out.
What does that look like for you?


In This Outfit:
Dress: Anthro Daytripper Dress (navy) (cheaper substitute)
Sweater: F21 Lace Cardigan, old (similar)
Shoes: Steve Madden Karisma (here in black, cute in turquoise)

No comments:

Post a Comment