Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Anthropologie Fitting Room Reviews (Summer 2012)

When we were in Annapolis, then on the way home in Leawood, I took a few fitting room photo's. Since these items are not fresh in my mind, I can't give as detailed reviews as possible, but thought it might be helpful to at least see them on, and get an idea of fit/shape.
Here is what I came in wearing.
Calliope Dress, Anthro
Chuck Taylors, DSW
Beads, Thrifted

Well at least ya know I wear panties!

 Pinstripe Blouson Chemise by Puella. Size Small.
I was hoping to get this to wear as a swim cover as well as an easy summer dress, but it was just too thin for that. Cute, but not a must-have for me.


 Novella Strapless Dress by Girls From Savoy. Size 4.
GFS makes the absolute cutest dresses ever, but I need another strapless dress like a hole in the head. It's cute, but I rarely do the flared skirt dresses. The fit is right on, in my normal size for them. Side note: As you can see, this looks completely different on me than it does in the model shot. Hopefully this gives you a more realistic view of what it would look like on the average girl.
Back to the rack.


 Cap Sleeve Column Dress by Bailey 44. Size Medium, Pink Motif.
I literally stand there in the dressing room trying these Bailey 44 dresses on, and saying, "Oh, crap." I just KNOW I'm in for it. Because these dresses are MAGICAL! My only dilemma was which color to take to checkout. I am such a sucker.
This dress has cap sleeves, hence the name, and is a longer length than my Striped Column version. I love having the color and length versatility, but both are equally useful in my wardrobe. I feel like a million bucks in it.

 Cap Sleeved Column Dress by Bailey 44. Size Medium, Blue Motif (looks black to me)



 Changing Stripes Dress by Maeve. Size 4.
Darn you Anthro with your useless strapless dresses!
I don't know why I always fall for trying these on, but at least I have the good sense to not bring them home with me. This was adorable. If I remember correctly, it was linen, and well made. I remember feeling like it felt good on. This is now on sale, so give it a shot, if you see one in the sale room.

 No Name Top
Can't find the name of this top, but it's Vanessa Virginia, size 6, and $68.
I like this ok, but not no. 1 on my list because of the waist and the gap in the back. It's cute, but I fell hard for the Bailly 44 dresses.

 Shoaling Gleam Pullover by Moth. Size Small.
This was a must-have. I had been eyeing this on the web site, since it's debut. I purchased at full price, against my better judgement, even mentioning to the sales girl that as soon as I bought it, it would finally go to sale. Sure enough, it hit 2 days after my P.A. window. Rats. But I'm still glad I got it. I have already worn and washed it, and it feels great!

 Scalloped Stripes Dress by Bordeaux. Size Small.
Bordeaux is cranking out the hits for me. I loved this, but I felt lost between the Small and the Medium. Since it was closing time, and I knew the girls were closing up shop, I let it go, but I would like to try this cutie on again.
That's it for this round. Have you tried any of these on?

No comments:

Post a Comment