Wednesday, July 18, 2012

How To Host A Baby Shower

Baby Shower OOTD 7.9.12

1. Come up with a theme.
2. Shop till you drop.
3. Enlist the help of your children to execute whatever hair brained idea you came up with.
4. Cook all night.
5. Watch the new mamma smile with glee when she walks in and sees your creation.


I hosted a shower for my cousins wife, last Sunday. It was so beautiful to watch all her friends and family shower her with gifts and excitement over the new addition to our family. Thankfully, my aunt did the part I hate- sending out the invites! She did it before I even got back from Virginia!
My cousin is a librarian, so I knew she'd appreciate the "book" theme.


The baby is a girl, but my cousin eschews the typical boy/girl colors.

Cupcakes were more like scones. Triple Citrus- YUM!


The gangs all here. I'm in the back left corner holding my little cousin.

My Aunt Cookie, my Grandma, and Me.
The Fare:
Mini Caprese Salads (that's what's in the little white paper cups)
Watergate Salad (made by Grandma, yummy)
White Chocolate dipped Pretzels
Sausage Balls (made by Aunt Deb)
Cupcakes
Spinach-Artichoke Dip in Hawaiian Bread Bowl
Turquoise Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment