Monday, January 2, 2012

What I Wore (Christmas Eve)

Ever since I was a little girl, my Dad always took us out to Red Lobster on Christmas Eve. We didn't have much money growing up, and back then, this was a special treat. We have continued the tradition as we have all gotten older, and now my kids ask, "Are we going to Red Lobster?" One of the first things they did when we moved here was look for a Red Lobster so we could go out on Christmas Eve. My whole family joined us here this Christmas, since Jay couldn't take much time off. We had a house full! But we were happy to have everyone. Now the clean-up begins.

Kid- captured on my iPhone.

My sister Valerie and I leaving for church.

My sister hated this outfit, saying gray and green don't match.

Shirt: Anthropologie Voltante Tee
Skirt: J Crew No. 2 Pencil in Viridian Green
Shoes: Anthropologie Satin Swoops Heels
Belt: Green Leather, thrifted
We all piled in cars and went to Red Lobster, then the Christmas Eve service at church. It was such a lovely service, and the perfect reminder of why we celebrate Christmas.

I had hoped to do a end of year re-cap of style and the evolution of my blog, but with so much going on with family, it wasn't possible until now. I hope you will indulge me another week, while I clean house, and get my kids back to school. I would love to write a post about some hits and misses.

A very Happy New Year to each and every one of you. The friendships I have formed through blogging have meant the world to me. I love to hear from my readers! I hope to meet more of you face to face this year. (That means you, Sonia A!)

No comments:

Post a Comment