Monday, December 26, 2011

Happy Christmas

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas.
We are hosting my VA family, so we did our normal tradition of Christmas Eve dinner at Red Lobster (since I was a little kid, my dad took us there), then church. The service was a mix of contemporary and traditional, with a challenging reminder of Gods love in sending His Son to be born as a little child.
We then returned home to snack and open gifts. Then on Christmas Day, my Kansas family joined us for a traditional dinner and we played Catch Phrase. 
This was a very different Christmas for me, and I missed Virginia dearly, but I loved being able to celebrate with my dad's side of the family. I hope we made some new traditions.
Here's to a New Year, and new chances to take the things that define us, and make us stronger, better people.
Best,
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment