Friday, January 6, 2012

Thrifting Thursday (Non-Maternity, Maternity Wear)

Today I have a pseudo-guest post.
No, I am not expecting a baby. (Let's put that rumor to rest.) But my bloggy friend Heidi of HeidiLux IS!
I set out to put together a package for her that included her wish for "Non-maternity maternity clothes".  Since Heidi is similar in size to me, and we also stick to similar guidelines for dress, I just tried everything on and tried to make sure it would work for an expanding belly. So basically, I went one size up on most.
Heidi liked my short sweater from Anthropologie, so I searched for a short-ish sweater that could be paired with a longer top, perhaps belted or worn with a long necklace, and found this.  I LOVE how she paired it.

You can see the entire post here.
I also included a long white blouse as a basic. This has button-tab sleeves, so should work all through spring and summer.

Heidi also paired this exactly how I pictured it. So evidently, ESP works.  I love the combo of neutrals with the black leggings and boots. You can see this post here.
I can't wait to see what else she puts together. (I secretly wish I had been blogging while pregnant.  But not bad enough to get pregnant again. The closest you will get to that is photo's of me in another country, working in an orphanage. And I am hoping that will be in the fall....)
I read all the feedback about blog direction, and heard it loud and clear. I am working on more house posts, and one will be featured on the next Thrifted Thursday. Can't wait to share it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment