Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Forgotten Lovely

Now that I am back to "normal" life after having a house full of company, and the pleasure of having all of my children home from school for two weeks, I have been struggling a little with loneliness.  Mostly feeling ignored by friends back home whom I honestly thought would keep in better touch.  I even posted this as my status on Facebook last night.

Anybody else ever feel like they've been forgotten?
 ·  · 15 hours ago near Valley Center

You want to hear something ironic, but not particularly surprising (in my case)? Today my Bible Study group started a new study. While watching the intro video, the teacher said, "You may feel forgotten in this life. GOD has not forgotten you."  I KNEW this. I can honestly say that God has brought me to a place that I don't worry about what other people think more than I think about what HE thinks of me. However, I think I am just a little sad about the separation between myself and the people I love. I told my friend Susan this morning, I think I needed the down time after moving here. The quiet, and focus time on my kids. And now it is hitting me just how quiet things really are.
I am very excited about the start of this new study, since there is a lot of homework, and it will drive my time spent in studying the Bible more deeply. That really grounds me, and helps with the times when I struggle with "me".  I couldn't help think of this verse this morning.
Hebrews 13:5b "God has said, Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Here is an outfit I wore before Christmas, but forgot to post. I have been loving the cheetah print trend, but didn't want to put much money into it, since I am not sure how long it will be around. I thrifted this belt for $.99, and thought it was the perfect touch.
Shirt: J Crew, thrifted
Skirt: J Crew No. 2 Pencil in Vibrant Flame
Shoes: Anthropologie Stacked Strap Heels
Belt: Talbots Calf-hair Leopard, thrifted
Watch: J Crew
Necklace: Anthropologie Citrus Twist Necklace (in Gold)




How about you? Do you ever feel forgotten?

No comments:

Post a Comment