Thursday, September 22, 2011

Welcome To Kansas

This weekend, we did something crazy and went to the Kansas State Fair not once, but TWICE! I found out that one of my all-time favorite bands was there, so Jay and I went up Friday night and saw Third Day. I have only seen them a thousand times, but they just keep getting better.
Of all days- it hasn't rained but maybe two days all summer- it drizzled on us at the concert, but it was still amazing and worth it. I am a huge fan of their older stuff, but they played mostly new songs in prep for their new tour. One girl held up a sign, and they played her song (why didn't I think of that?). This is the song she held up on her sign. One of my old favorites.



I brought my camera and snapped a few pics:









We took the kids back on Sunday after church. It was neat to walk around all the craft exhibits and the farm animal houses.  (Boy, those PIGS stink! Made me second-guess my decision to have cooked a big ham for our lunch before we left!)

No comments:

Post a Comment