Friday, September 23, 2011

Mom Uniform Alert- Movie Date

Last Saturday we took our two younger kids (GOT to stop calling them the little kids, they are getting big!) to see the Lion King in 3D.  This movie was so nostalgic for Jay and I because that was the first Disney movie we ever got our oldest son TJ. When he was a baby that is all he wanted to watch.  He turned 17 yesterday, so that tells you how long ago it came out!
Speaking of which, yesterday was crazy hard. Remembering what life was like 17 years ago, and looking at what a treasure I got out of the deal. He is the most amazing and fun, kindhearted kid. Next year, he will be gone for college on his birthday. He wanted burgers for dinner, so we cooked on the Big Green Egg last night, and I asked him what he thought he would be doing next birthday.  His answer? "Sitting in my dorm talking to you."  {Swallowed lump in throat.}  Every one told me when he was born, "Enjoy it, the time flies by." It really does, and it makes me just a little sad.
On the bright side, I get to experience life with some pretty awesome kids too.  I still have my little Zach for 11 more years! ;)
Sweater: Anthropologie Light As Air Pulloever
Tank: Target
Shorts: Dillards
Shoes: Thrifted
Necklace: F21
Bracelet: Fossil via Dillards
Watch: J Crew


No comments:

Post a Comment