Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Gap New Arrivals: Quick Review

I have had a couple of people ask about new arrivals at Gap. There are some beautiful things right now and here are my favorites.

These sweaters are longer than your typical sweater, so they work over fitted bottoms beautifully. They really are as soft as their name, and there are many more colors in store than what is showing online. My favorite is the mint green with grey stripe.
I have been working on this line the last couple of visuals shifts, and these sweaters layer up beautifully.  The web site says long sleeve, but after a friend asked, I double-checked, and they are more like 3/4 sleeves. Great with a patterned scarf.
We have certainly had a run of cute scarves this fall/winter at our store, and they are very popular. But so far, this is my favorite. In person, the thin, pink strip pops and is just the thing to add to a comfy tee like this one.

Last week, I tried on two pair of black pants for review.
We haven't had black jeans for months, and finally got some last week. Our customers have been asking every day, so I have no idea why it took so long for us to get them in stock. I have never owned a pair of black jeans, so I thought I would give them a try. The fit is slim from waist to ankle. I tried on the 4 (only comes in regular length), and they fit like my usual size 4. I have gotten very attached to my Citizen of Humanity Rocket High Rise, but these are great for the price point. I find our denim to be very accurately priced.

I also tried on the new Ultra Skinny. These are the skinniest pant we have, and our store got 4 colors. I like the black the best. The fit is really great on these, super skinny all the way to ankle. Photo's below.

These are the size 4 and they fit perfectly. I highly recommend them.

Have you been to Gap lately? What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I bought and love the mint green with grey striped sweater...love it! Are there more than the 4 colors I've seen ? I also bought the polka dot Always Skinny jeans and adore them...they ran big though. I tried those black pants too that you pictured last... Very cute! I already had a pair of black skinnies so I didn't buy them but the other colors could be fun !
    Jenni
    www.foundinmycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete