Friday, November 9, 2012

Living In Zombie-ville

Well, Halloween is over, but the spooky things are still going on.
Who knew having a college kid was going to be this hard? Letting go of control has been one of the hardest parts of parenting I have ever dealt with. Especially knowing that your child is not making the best of decisions. It is stretching my faith, and my prayer life, that's for sure. The every day drama of the younger kids at home is a cake-walk, comparatively.
Fashion is light. It's an easy thing to think about, when everything else seems a mess. So honestly, it's a mindless exercise that releases stress for me. I take parenting very seriously, not fashion. It's an outlet. You happen to see the majority of that outlet, not my real life. I hope that conveys.
I may have mentioned this before, but the best parenting advice I ever heard was:
"When you you have success, don't take too much credit, and when you have failure, don't take too much blame." For someone who wishes so much to raise godly, happy children, that is important to remember.



In This Outfit:
Night Moves Chemise, Anthro (similar with sleeves, almost exact)
Arched Pleats Pullover, Anthro (similar)
Orinoco Necklace, Anthro (similar)
Emmie Ballet Flat, Lucky (via Shoebuy) (here, other colors here)

No comments:

Post a Comment