Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Anthropologie Fitting Room Reviews (Sweaters: Late Fall 2012)

While visiting San Diego, I got to hit the famed Fashion Valley Anthropologie location.  As far as Anthropologie goes, this one was not my favorite. There just didn't seem to be the personal interaction that I have come to notice in most smaller locations. This was a beautiful store, but the merchandise was a little messy, and the employees not as friendly as my beloved Leawood location. That being said, I was very excited to get to try on some things I had only been able to see online, so far. Here are my thoughts:
 What I Wore:
Top: Staccato Garnish Tank, Anthro
Sweater: Kensie, thrifted
Jeans: Citizen of Humanity Rocket Rise, Piperlime
Sandals: Reef Stargazer (I have done something to the ball of my left foot and the nerves in it are giving me the fits. I ended up wearing these all but one day.)


 Vermeil Streams Cardigan by Little Yellow Bird. Size Small
I was so excited to find this, as I had been eyeing it online since it came out. I love the color combo, as well as the details. This one was a small, and it was loose and long in the arms. I would definitely buy an extra small, but they didn't have any in the store.
The ribbon edge hem gives a pseudo peplum look in the back, and I love it. This is definitely a stand-alone sweater. Made of cotton and cashmere, the fabric feels wonderful, with no itching at all.
Stick to your normal size in this one.
Birthday wishilisted.

 Intarsia Bow Cardigan by Moth. Size X-Small. Light Grey Motif.
This was another sweater I noticed online, and was fortunate enough to find in both colors in the store. The above color is the extra small, and was a little snug in the chest/armpit area, so I tried the navy in small, seen below.

 Intarsia Bow Cardigan by Moth. Size Small. Navy Motif.
I love the navy the best of these two colors, so this is the one I would buy. This would be great for layering with a buttondown and jeans, or with a skirt or slacks.
The fabric content is a mixture, and although it has wool in the mix, I didn't notice any itching. This sweater reminds me very much of the Anthro I fell in love with, years ago. I feel like they are turning in the right direction.


Boiled Wool Draped Sweatercoat by Gro Abrahamsson. Size Medium.
If you remember my favorites from my catalog overview, this one was high on the list. I worried that it would not translate as well in person as it did in the catalog shot. Upon trying it on, I was right, and I was wrong. The neckline, which was my biggest concern folded beautifully, and the snaps hold every piece in place just right. The waist was very small, so I sized up to a medium to accommodate, and that made the arms very long, however, since I would wear this as a light coat, it works. I love the color, and the neckline.
Birthday wishlisted.

I will be back tomorrow with one more review set. Have you tried any of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment