Monday, August 6, 2012

J Crew Fitting Room Reviews (August 2012 Roll-Out)

First I have a couple of store shots, which have some cute outfit ideas that include the Tippi in Heart Me (I got the navy/grey colorway in Virginia).
Look 1
Pants: Classic Cafe Capri (similar here)
Sweater: Tippi Sweater in Heart Me
Shirt: Perfect Shirt in Classic Stripe
Look 2
Cardigan: Cotton Crepe Cardigan in Anchors Aweigh (similar here)
Shirt: Sailor Boatneck Tee in Maraschino Cherry
Shorts: Denim Short in Faded Indigo
Belt: Patent Skinny Belt in Persimmon

Look 1
Sweater: Tippi in Heart Me
Necklace: Pearl Circle Necklace (other colors here)
Hat: Panama Hat
Jeans: Matchstick Jean in Classic Rinse
Look 2
Top: Pom Pom Blouse
Pants: Toothpick Cords
And here are the few things I tried on.

 Tippi in Heart Me. Size Small.
I have this same sweater in blue/grey, but I love this color too. I just don't know if I can justify two heart sweaters. I love the idea of putting a patterned buttondown under this sweater. The X-Small would have been fine, if I did not plan to layer. I sized up for that purpose.
Perfect Shirt in Medium Gingham, Timeless Turquoise. Size 4.
I love the color of this shirt! I have several plaids, but none this color. I wanted to buy it right away, but since I have a son starting college in 2 weeks, he can use his student discount and get this for his momma (since I pay his tuition anyway!). This shirt can be worn alone, and I had no trouble with gaping in the chest.

 Bennett Cropped Chino in Snowcat. Size 4.
When I walked by these pants and stopped to look, the friendly sales lady noticed and said that everyone who had tried them on loved them. I took a chance, and I ended up loving them too. When I flipped thru the new catalog on the way home, I had to dig deep to find them in the horrid product shot. When you don't use this print head to toe, it's actually pretty fun. I love the fit of them. They fit like a normal 4 in my No. 2 Pencil skirts.


 Cafe Capri in Pop Art Polka. Size 4.
I actually like the print of these pants better than the snowcat, but the fit was way off for me. I love the leg and hip, but the waist slid around quite a bit. You can see that the waistband was wider than the hip on me. This is very unusual because I have a thick waist. I might try these in a 2 next time, just to see the difference.
 Tie-neck Top in Dot. Size 4.
This blouse was so cute, and it fit like a dream. The size 4 was perfect, go with your regular size.
Just being realistic, though, I am not sure how often I would wear a top like this. I am putting it on my wishlist. (You know, the imaginary one- since J Crew STILL doesn't do an online wishlist...)
 Toothpick Ankle Stretch Jean in Shallow Sea. Size 29.
The same sales girl helped me pick the size on these jeans, pointing out that they were the skinniest fit. This was the right size for me, but I didn't like the bulges in the hip on me. I don't know if this is a problem that would be solved by sizing up and wearing a belt. I was trying to move through the try-ons pretty quickly, as my man was waiting on me. I'm on the fence on these, since I love this color so much.
Colorblock Sequin Tank in Sea Mist. Size Small.
I don't own anything sequined and thought this might be the place to start, but unless I layered it, this would be way too low cut. It was loose on top, so layering may be the best option. It just wasn't love for me, as cute as it is...

That wraps up my J Crew post. With the new catalog promo, what are you eyeing right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment