Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Anthropologie Fitting Room Reviews Spring 2012 (MIA)

Here are a couple of shots of the store at Coral Cables, FL:

This was a beautiful shopping area, facing in outdoor courtyard, filled with trees and fountains, and mountains of gorgeous flowers. It didn't hurt that the weather was perfect for sitting on the patio for lunch!
Here are a few of the things I tried on at the Coral Gables and Ventura Anthro locations:


Stonington Romper by Daughters of the Liberation. Size Small.
I tried on the size small in this, because I usually have to accommodate my back-side in rompers. However, I should have tried the x-small in this as well. It ran a little big on me.  I liked it very much, but the leg length felt off. I think it should have been a little shorter or longer. This is what I would consider "clam-digger" length. This romper is very comfy, and the fabric belt could be interchanged for a leather belt to give a different vibe.

Ruched Martins Dress by Moulinette Soeurs. Size 4.
This dress caught my eye, because it follows the fit formula of the dresses from Girls From Savoy. It has the fitted body, and the flared skirt. I love the little birds all over it, but didn't care for the length. It is obviously taking me a long time to get used to the midi length. This is a very pretty dress, I highly suggest giving it a try. (This dress is lined.)


Fan-Cut Iberis Dress by Moulinette Soeurs. Size 4.
This dress caught my eye because of the subtle, but beautiful print. It is 100% silk, unlined. Hit my right at the knee. Interesting cut details around the neck and shoulders. Very flattering. I wish it had been lined, but beautiful dress. Very lightweight and perfect for summer.


Spring Bulbs Maxi by HD in Paris. Size 4.
This dress fit me in all the right places, but the front cut so low, I would not feel comfortable wearing it. It is cotton, and a little heavier than the last dress, but not heavy as-in winter wear. It would be cute with a Jackie cardigan in a contrasting color and simple sandals. Definitely tulip-shaped skirt bottom.



Flared Caraz Dress by Weston Wear. Size Small.
This dress looks WAY short in the catalog. Lucky for me, my catalog didn't arrive until after I got home, or I may not have tried it on. In real life, this was the perfect length. Just to the top of the knee. Be aware, this is made of nylon, so it has a tight mesh feel to it. This surprised me when I picked it up, but I ended up liking the fit and the fabric just fine. If it were any other fabric, I am not sure the drape would lay the same. This is screaming for a belt, so I threw on the belt I ended up purchasing, you can see it in the last shot. Wishlisted.


Aubrieta Shirtdress by Tabitha. Size 4.
This is a very cute dress of 100% silk. I normally don't care for shirt dresses on me, but I loved the print. This was another dress of a great length. I like the tie belt, but feel like it hits the wrong place on my waist. This would also be great for layering.

I ended up purchasing the Given Then Gathered Column Dress in Navy and the Sincerely Paris Halter Dress. I am planning to wear the column dress to my son's high school graduation.

The next set of reviews will be tops and bottoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment