Sunday, March 11, 2012

Peace

When we decided to move to Kansas last summer, I knew our lives were going to change drastically. I think the scariest part of the change was not knowing how things were going to be. I think we all have a bit of a fear of the unknown. As much as I like to have an adventure, I am sometimes scared to take a risk.
I have a great fear of flying. Most people don't know that, because I willingly fly often. I decided a long time ago that I was not going to allow the fear of flying to overrule my great desire to see the world. So I take a dramamine and I get on the silly plane.
Moving was a huge risk. (I recognize that a cross-country move can seem silly to those of you who have relocated all over the world.) Mostly because it meant uprooting teenagers who were happily settled into high school, and soon to graduate. But also because it meant starting over.
Last night we were driving home from taking the kids out to dinner. We live on the back side of a small town, surrounded by farms. Even at 11pm, I looked across those fields, and could see vestiges of light from the sun going down, and a bright moon shone over the land. I was filled with such a sense of peace and contentment.
Nothing is perfect in this life. Things happen, bills to be paid, the dryer breaks, pipes leak. But real peace comes from my relationship with Christ. Not dependent upon what I can do, but who He is.

John 10:10 "I have come that you might have life, and have it abundantly."



Shirt: J Crew Factory
Sweater: Sparrow Promenade Cardigan, Thrifted
Skirt: Haute Skirt, Anthropologie
Tights: Banana Republic Dotted
Boots: DSW, Thiabata
Belt: Lord & Taylor, Thrifted

No comments:

Post a Comment