Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thrifting Thursday- Kiss The Frog

I have had so much fun working on these thrifting posts. In doing so, I have tried to force myself to really think about what someone new to thrifting might see when they walk into a thrift store. Since you have to kiss a few frogs to find a prince, I thought I would highlight some of the things you might see.
Lovely Dress, circa 1974.

Someone got this for Christmas from Grandma last year.

New, with tags!

Lovely dress, circa 1981

Actually, I really wanted this one. What you don't see is that it isn't fully zipped up.
When you find some treasures, you have to do some digging. It is very rare that I walk into a thrift store and walk right to something great without spending some time weeding through junk.  But sometimes you hit a jackpot. I frequently see things that would work for other people. I thought this piece would be perfect for AppGal of Musings on the Mountains. Would make a beautiful side board in the dining room, especially panted this color.

 And this has so much potential! You just have to carefully decide how much effort you are willing to put into a piece that needs work. I am drawn to mid-century design, so I love sofa's like this:
 Out of this entire row....
I only found these two little things:

So get out there and dig!
I am curious about my readers. Do you collect anything? Is there anything you collect/collected that you regret.  I used to get Precious Moments figurines as gifts, so people assumed I collected them.  I stored them in boxes for years, before finally deciding it just wasn't worth keeping any more. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment