Friday, November 4, 2011

Nostalgic

I think I am getting sappy in my old age.  Maybe it's the time of year, but I am really starting to miss "home".  My mother in law called today and told me she really missed me.  She is scheduled for knee replacement, and not able to work as much right now, so she is bored. I would like nothing more than to go and spend the day chatting with her and generally helping out.  Then I talked to my Memaw, trying to get instructions on how to make this:
Buttermilk Pie. It will change your life.
And of course she cried while we were on the phone. (She always cries. And it always breaks my heart.)
 
I planned Thanksgiving with my Kansas family tonight. I am so thankful to have Kansas family, and for the first time in my life, I get to plan holidays with them. That makes me happy. But I miss my pie-making tradition with my sister. And I miss my table decoration setting up with my sister.  And I really miss my parents and my in-laws. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

The kids and I are counting down the days until Christmas, when my entire family will be here and we get to be together again.
Plus, Jay flew home this morning to Virginia Beach for his (20 YEAR, Ya'll!) class reunion, and I am the teensiest bit jealous of him.
Sweater: Anthropologie Sparrow, via eBay
Skirt: PacSun (oops, you caught me shopping with my son.)
Shoes: Born, Dillards
Bracelets: Tiffany, Pandora, Tiffany, Tiffany, Tiffany (they were GIFTS, Ya'll!)

 What is your favorite holiday?  Do you live near family?

No comments:

Post a Comment