Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I'm Thankful- A New Tradition

For the first time in years, I am away from my parents and the rest of my family for Thanksgiving. I always host, so it feels strange to not be spending the day baking pies and setting up tablescapes with my sister this day before Thanksgiving.
Last year:
Pie making

Table prep


Me with my sister Valerie
This year I am hosting my Kansas family for Thanksgiving. This is a new opportunity for me.
You see, my dad was born and raised here in Kansas, but moved to Virginia upon joining the Navy as a young man. So I never got to know my dad's side of the family very well. Moving here has given me the chance to spend more time with them, and for the first time- to spend holiday's together.
I am so thankful for the chance to have them in my home, and spend quality time together.
Instead of baking pies and setting up for Thanksgiving with my sister, this year I will enlist the help of my sweet girl, Madison.
Shirt: Anthropologie Antiquarian Blouse
Sweater: Climate Control Cardi
Jeans: Gap Boot
Shoes: Dillards
Earrings: Thrifted




No comments:

Post a Comment