Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Proof that Pinterest Works

It makes me laugh to see all the pins on Pinterest about people pinning, but never doing. I, however, have been able to really do a lot of the ideas I have seen. (Especially the FOOD!)
Here are some of the things I have done:
Via: Pinterest
Apple Cupcake
My version:
I used the Cream Cheese Frosting option,
instead of the Buttercream.
(My people LOVED these!)
Autumn Salad
Pinterest Version
My version:
Bacon, Feta, Cucumber, Candied Pecan's, Craisins, Field Greens, Celery, Pear.
Dressing: Apple Cider Vinegar (Unfiltered, Organic), Pure Maple Syrup, Olive Oil, Pepper
Apple Spice Cake
Via Pinterest
Covered Footstool
Via Pinterest

My Version:
A $3 UGLY footstool, thrifted
I stripped the old cover off with a flat-head screwdriver, and pliers.
I removed the legs (they twisted off). And I kept the original padding.
Then I covered the old frame & padding with fabric I already had.
(Also thrifted.) Then I stapled the new fabric on, with a staple gun.
I folded the corners like an envelope,
and added the old board back on the bottom fabric to hold everything tight.
Then I put the legs back on and, Viola! New stool!

Do you use Pinterest? What have you made?

No comments:

Post a Comment