Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Apologies and OOTD Catch-Up's

I realize I have been out of commission for a while. I had my bff Freda here for a long visit. It was wonderful to have her in my new home. As I was driving her to the airport yesterday, she said, "It feels like I am leaving my other home..."  What an awesome compliment. I so wish for my home to be a comfortable place.  I miss Freda and the girls already.
Julia
Emma
 Although I was not posting much, I did take a few outfit pictures. This one is from last Sunday. We went to church, and then Freda and I had a girls day with lunch, pedicures, and a movie.  It was so relaxing. (I think she needed it more than I did! :)

Shirt: Gap
Sweater: F21 (old)
Skirt: Anthropologie Araca Pencil Skirt
Shoes: Anthropologie Stacked Strap Heels
Bracelet: Anthropologie Omnifarious Bracelet
Here are a couple of pictures of my new hair cut:

A blown-out style

A curly style
I am working on a hair tutorial. Anyone interested?
The day before Freda arrived, I got a random text from someone saying, "We are in Kansas City until 5pm, can you come up?"  I just got a new phone, and have not transferred all my contacts over, so I had no idea who was texting me. Also, I was in the drop off line at my daughter's school.  I asked who it was, and it turned out to be my girlfriends from Virginia Beach. They were in Leawood, Kansas for the memorial of one of the SEALS who was killed in the helo attack. When I found out Michael and Allie were with them, along with Meiling, I ran home and showered and jumped in the car and drove up. I was able to spend a few hours with them, and catch up with everyone.  It was a very sad occasion to be at, but they are all close and comforting each other in such an unbelievable way.  I was able to connect for a few minutes with Meiling, and find out how she is doing with the loss of her husband (in the same attack). She is very strong, and was able to articulate the things she is most sad about, and as well as what she is grateful for.  The service at Arlington was this past week, and now they are all home, and hopefully experiencing some down time.  Here are a couple of pictures snapped on my iPhone.
Me and Allie

From left: Susanne, Me, Allie, Meiling, Holly, Kelly, and MaryLynn
My time was too short, but it gave me such peace to be able to see them in person, and to reassure them a little- I hope.  It also makes my heart ache for missing them so much. I am thinking about a quick trip home in the fall.
Here is this past Sundays outfit (grabbed on my cell phone, sorry they are dark):

Shirt: Anthropologie Folded Wings Tee (Navy)
Skirt: Anthropologie Diamond Flame
Shoes: Anthropologie Within The Lines Heels
Bracelet: Banana Republic
Pin: Thrifted
Belt: Thrifted

And lastly, here is today:

Shirt: Banana Republic Zip Back Tank
Sweater: Old Navy, gift from Peggy
Shorts: J Crew Chino
Shoes: Anthropologie Rose Remnant Sandal
Necklace: Anthropologie, gift from sis in law(s)

I have lots more to tell you, and ideas to share, but I will save that for the next few days.
Also, in case any of you are still hanging on for house posts, I will finish those up. I rearranged some furniture, and I am very happy with the results.
Bye, Ya'll!


No comments:

Post a Comment