Thursday, May 5, 2011

You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks

So tonight was the first night of my photography class, which I am super excited about. I thought I signed up for the class because I wanted to learn more about how to use all the manual functions on my camera, and how to capture the images with my camera that I see in my head. (A very scary place that turns out to be, come to find out...) But then the teacher launched into a lecture about how certain lenses pick up certain types of photography, depending on where you want to focus your interests. Which caused my mind to wander off to what my focus of photography should be, and I mentally chased a rabbit trail that included photographing things like:
*Milking Cats (You can milk just about anything, you know.)
*Grass Growing (Especially interesting if you take any medications related to ADD or ADHD- or basically any medicine at all.)
*People doing the Macarena (You don't realize what funny faces people make while dancing until you try to capture the evidence fun.)
*Anything that involves middle of the day photography (I am especially fond of squinting. No particular kind.)
*Food (I like this particular brand of torture. It conjures up thoughts of 10pm Food Network programing, right about the time you decide to cut out that bedtime snack.)

So what I really want to photograph is my kids (mostly just Maddie- shhhhh!), improve my blog photography, and nature/outdoor/family.  So it is way more boring than you originally thought. Although I did warn you that my mind is a wacky place. So. I took my camera off "auto" today. Tomorrow should be pretty interesting. Like being in the deep end of the pool, except I DO know how to swim, but I DON'T know how to use my camera....

Since we were not talking about it at all, here are a couple of OOTD's:
Shorts: J Crew Factory Tab Front
Shirt: Soldierly Sparkle, Anthropologie
Earrings: Touchstone Crystal


Shirt: J Crew Petal Stream Tank
Cardigan: Pulling It Together, Anthropologie
Jeans: Gap Curvy
Shoes: Chandlers Brazilian, Thrifted
Bracelets: Old Navy, Lucky
Earrings: Outdoor Market at Capital Hill
Belt: Talbots, thrifted


More of a close-up of the makeup for Kara

A close-up of the earrings.
My sweet sister Jessie saw me admiring them,
and asked if I would pick out a pair for her to buy me.
I love the variety of beads used.

Close-up of my awesome thrifted shoes.

Side view.
The end. (How was your Thursday?)

No comments:

Post a Comment