Sunday, April 17, 2011

Our Lord's Blessed Command

I love that phrase.  I heard it all my growing up years:
"Is there a time that you asked Jesus into your heart? In obedience to our Lord's Blessed Command, I now baptize you. In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit."
My little girl followed the Lord in Believer's Baptism today.  We believe that the Bible teaches that once you receive Christ into your heart, you are baptized as a outward sign of an inward decision.  Madison asked Jesus to come into her heart when she was 6 years old, and has been learning about and preparing for Baptism ever since. She made the decision to be baptized by the Children's Pastor at our church- before we move to Kansas (where she does not know anyone!). What an honor and privilege to stand beside the waters and see three of my four children baptized. (Three down, one to go! ;)  We had a pastor who described the Baptism in this way.  "When I married my wife, I put on a ring. It was a sign on my finger of the decision I had made in my heart to honor her. If I take my ring off, I am still married. Just like the baptism is a sign. It shows the world a decision you made in your heart."  I have never forgotten that mental image. I love it!  When we say, "She/He followed the Lord in baptism..." We mean that while Jesus was on earth, he was baptized by John (the Baptist), therefore, we follow in the same way.







We were so blessed to have both our parents and my sister and Jay's sisters attend, along with my best friend and my nieces.  We had a beautiful Palm Sunday service with the children entering with palm branches and a representative of Jesus on a real donkey! Our family joined us back at our home for lunch. My mom made my favorite lasagna! Yum-O!
Maddie snuck in some OOTD's for me really quick:

Oops! Wasn't ready! Blooper!

Sweater: Pulling It Together Sweater, Anthropologie
Skirt: Penciled Abronia
Tank: American Eagle
Necklace: Gift from Pastor's Wife
Earings: Thrifted
Shoes: Within The Lines Heels, Anthropologie

Happy Palm Sunday to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment