Saturday, April 16, 2011

Free Your Mind

...and the rest will follow.
Yesterday my little boy said something incredibly hurtful to my dear friend, and I was just sick over it. I talked to him about it, and explained how important it is to understand that our words have an impact. I took him to school then drove down to Seashore State Park to run the trail and bridges. I needed to spend time with God, and try to clear my mind. Running outdoors is the perfect way for me to accomplish that goal. Parenting is hard, and you don't see the fruit of your efforts right away. I am reminded of how many times I have failed God and the people I love, yet He continues to shape me. I struggle with how to seek forgiveness when I have wronged someone without entirely dropping into a pit and beating myself up.  The sorrow is there, I just don't want it to turn into self-pity (which I often do).  While I was running, I asked God to guide me in teaching my children compassion and empathy. I needed the outdoor time, and the work-out.
Scenes from my run:
Carolina Jasmine growing all over bushes

Looking out over Long Bay Point Marina

At the top of the bridge, looking down toward the inlet

Wisteria growing wild along the inlet
I wish I could pass the smells through to your computer screen. The jasmine and wisteria smell heavenly.

Here are my OOTD's from the past couple of days. First is Thursday:

Shirt: J Crew, thrifted
Jeans: F21
Blazer: Ann Taylor, thrifted (by Allie!)
Belt: Unknown, thrifted
Earrings: Gift from Memaw (in high school!)
Shoes: Wanted, thrifted

Todays poses brought to you by Zach

A close up of the details. Those shoes were $1.98 at the thrift store.
And Friday we had dinner with our lovely friends Mr Bill and Mrs Connie see the post from the last time we had dinner with them here.  I wore an outfit I bought this week at Banana Republic. I tend to not spend much money on anything but Anthropologie, but I tried this combo on and really liked it, so I brought it home to show Jay, and he loved it. Even after I told him the price. Haha
Sweater: Banana Republic on sale here
Pants: Banana Republic on sale here
Shoes: Guess, DSW
Earrings: Anthropologie Pearl chandelier
Bracelet: Banana Republic


More poses by Zach
I love Mr Bill and Mrs Connie like another set of parents.  They make us feel so warm and special.  They probably said five times last night, "We are so excited for you, but we don't WANT you to go!"  Mrs Connie made us a wonderful dinner of crusted pork tenderloin, marinated asparagus, vidalia risotto, and sweet potato rolls. Dessert was a cheesecake with fresh blueberry sauce.  She had the table set with an Easter theme, and it was too cute not to take some pictures.

It's the details that make you feel special.
It means so much to me that she would take the
effort to make such a nice display for us.
She even had little place holders with our names on them!

I cherish the time spent with them, it was such a lovely evening.
(Post Script: While I was writing this post, Cory came upstairs and told me we had a voice mail from Mrs. Connie, her brothers dream home- built for retirement has been destroyed in the tornadoes that moved through the east today. They leave early in the morning to go help out. Please keep them in your prayers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment