Saturday, August 11, 2012

Thank You

I want to thank those who took the time to write to me after my last parenting post with words of encouragement and empathy. It is very hard to put yourself out there, to admit that you don't always have it together (much as you might like), but hearing from you and knowing I'm not alone helps.
Pouring your life into parenting to the degree that Jay and I have, and not having any guarantee that you will get the results that you hoped for is heart wrenching. To send him to college and hope he keeps it together is also very difficult. My prayer is that God will work in his heart in a strong way and he will make wise decisions.
I had a great conversation with my sister in law. She reminded me that our energy was not wasted, even if he continues to make mistakes. Ultimately, we taught him everything we knew to teach, and he will remember. It was just the thing I needed to hear.
I used to laugh at the phrase, "Parenting is not for wimps." Now I just nod and agree...'

On a lighter note, I do still wear clothes every day. (Which comes in handy when you spend a LOT of time talking to your kids about making wise decisions. :)

Tank: Target Micro Rib (I have this in 8 colors)
Skirt: Paperbag Waist, Thrifted (similar here)
Shoes: AE Flip Flops, TJ Maxx (similar here, here, & comfy here)
Watch: J Crew Timex Vintage Field, Band here
Bracelet: J Crew Leather Wrap (similar here)
Necklace: Thrifted (similar here, really cool here)
Oh, and running. Running helps too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment