Sunday, April 22, 2012

On Becoming Friends

When I moved to Iowa in 2004, I had never lived anywhere except Hampton Roads. I was willing to move, but grieving hard. On top of this, I was expecting my fourth child.  I was lonely, and didn't know a single soul. Thankfully, a couple of women at church reached out to me, and were very kind. One of them didn't give me much of a choice. She wanted to be friends, and by golly, I was going to go along with it. That girl was Kelly. She entered my life in a large way, and despite my social inadequacy, stuck it out to remain an important person in my life and I love her for it. Her friendship has meant the world to me. I have learned so much from her. More than I could ever really express.
Over the Easter weekend, she and her husband and kids came and spent 5 days with us. Our families love each other dearly, so this was precious time. Here are a few pictures from Easter Sunday, including our egg hunt. (Hints on how to keep teenage boys involved forthcoming.)

Me and Kelly


My son TJ indulging in Easter candy.

My daughter Madison looking for the golden egg

Kelly's daughter Jaly

More looking for the golden egg

My son Zach

Kelly's daughter KC

TJ's getting warmer

Kelly's son Leighton


A new fad

My son Cory. Only one thing could keep him interested..




We have a winner.

Discussion about what is left hiding.


Isn't he darling when he smiles?


Me and my Buddy TJ
So.... wanna know my secrets? Kelly and I hid candy in regular colored eggs. Then we bought silver jumbo, and gold jumbo egg and hit larger amounts of money, plus 8 jumbo colored eggs with smaller dollar increments. And there you have it. Teenagers always need money, don't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment