Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Who's Ready?

For a sunburn or a butt whoopin'?
Well, I have the solution for you.

First the sunburn:
1. Get your husband to come home from wherever he happens to have run off to.
2. Put him in the car and take him to whatever place you want to go eat.
3. Think to yourself, "It is a fabulous day today, lets sit outside to eat!"
4. Sit outside to eat.
5. Instant sunburn.

Next, the butt whoopin':
1. Put your gym clothes on.
2. Drive to the gym (or walk, depending)
3. Find the spin class with the biggest, meanest looking instructor (and a full class).
4. Pick a bike in the front, so you can't bail.
5. Instant butt whoopin'.

I got a nice little burn today while having lunch with my man. It was so nice outside, I thought it would be a great idea to throw on a cute little dress that J happens to love and go to Citrus and eat a late breakfast (for lunch).  It was so nice I didn't realize I was getting burnt to a crisp. (You know, like my bacon.)
Dress: Vintage Anthro (I don't think there is really such a thing.
But I got it YEARS ago, and I don't know the name.)
Shoes: Summer Warrior Sandal, Anthro
Bracelet: Coral Links, Lucky (via TJ Maxx)
Necklace: Bird with Pearl, F21
I am so clueless, I forgot until looking back at this post that I wore a cardigan over this everywhere but outside at the restaurant and in the house when I was fixing dinner (which is when I took these pics- just before changing to go the gym), I just forgot to put it back on for the pics. Ugh.

I love my toe polish. It is one of the Sinful Colors- carried at Walgreens.  The colors are vibrant and a little shocking.  I just took my neon pink off and switched to this vibrant purpleish. The color didn't show up as well in the picture, but here you go.  BTW... I either by Sinful or OPI, they are the only brands that work on my nails.
Sinful Colors, Dream On
What is your favorite polish/color?

8 comments:

  1. Your toes are pretty! and I LOVE those shoes. They are a style I don't own but really want this season. My favorite nail polish is "I'm Not Really A Waitress" by OPI. I have been wearing it for 15 years - always on my toes. I leave my nails natural. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE CITRUS!!! I predict an outing in our future. Bring sunscreen. Eating outside is fun. I buy all kinds of polish from OPI to super cheap Wal-Mart stuff. It's all about the color. Cute dress, great shoes, LOVE the purple toes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a pretty color on your toes!!! I just picked up a pretty Essie pale pink color from J Crew Outlet and love it but I'll be brightening it up for summer soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo I love Citrus too!! Sniff, sniff:-(
    Very cute dress...no wonder Jay loves it;-)
    Also loving the shoes and nail polish.

    It's so hard for me to pick a favorite polish: I have about 30 in my collection right now, but if I had to pick an all-time fav it would be OPI Russian Navy. I LOVE me some dark colors, and I won't hesitate to wear it in the dead heat of summer if I want to. However, right now I am enjoying some bright colors and my fav of the moment is OPI Guy Meets Gal-Veston, which is an almost translucent, honeysuckle. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh i just wrote a real long comment and forgot to do the "word scramble" at the end.... whoops....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so great in blue! What a pretty dress on you. I just bought my first bottle of Sinful Colors and so far, I love it. I got the "Nirvana" color. I also like the full manicure in a bottle line by Sally Hansen.
    Will have to check out Citrus...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your summery outfit. I just had my nails/toes done in OPI Koala Beary-pinkish, really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sherri- I used to wear that color all the time!
    Miss March- What did you say?! :)
    Kara- You know I love the dark colors too!
    Alicia- You should take your sister to Citrus. It is yummy!
    Molly- I will have to check that out. :) I do love me some OPI.

    ReplyDelete