Monday, March 14, 2011

Super-Duper Comfy OOTD

Well, I am calling it a day. A COMFY day!
I went to the gym this morning, then straight to meet my friend Susan. (Don't say anything, you KNOW you have done it too.  Stopping by the grocery store counts.)
Then I ran a couple of errands and started laundry and showered. So I reached for my new comfy cargo-ish Anthro pants, and a J Crew fishermans sweater I thrifted.  I decided to take my leftovers and my kids to go visit Memaw.  We hung out with her and got her other grandkids on Skype so she could see them and shared dinner with her.
My new watch came today, but I feel like I have messed it up. I thought the ribbon was turquoise- which is why I ordered it.  And it is WAY big on my wrist.  What do you think? It was only $9.95+$6.99 shipping, so am I thinking too much about this, or should I return towards something else I am watching? (Shoes!)  I may be running up to Richmond with Allie soon.



As many of you know, I have very long hair, and it can be time consuming to fix. There are times where I would like to just put it in a bun and go, but I never could find a way to fix it that didn't pull on the top of my head, and give me a headache- besides a ponytail.  I have looked everywhere for those chopstix thingies, but I can't find any.  Well..... The other day I was in Target looking for a hairdryer (I can do some major damage to a blow dryer too!), and I was also looking at the hair stuff.  I saw these twisty things that hold your hair without pulling, and no ponytail holder involved.  (I looked it up, they are called the Spin Pin, by Goody)  I tried it today and it was SO easy! I love them.



It comes with two pins, and you just basically ball up your hair and then twist one pin downward, and one upward.  It holds firmly, but not tight.
Here is my OOTD:


12 comments:

  1. I love Goody spin pins! My hair has just now gotten long enough to where they will stay in with no problems. They really are great. This is a pretty outfit...the pop of orange in the scarf is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember seeing the watch with a teal band...there was a cream band also with a teal watch. I think the watch is pretty and very unique, but it does look too big for you...maybe there is a way to shorten it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that watch - is it from anthro?? You look so cute today - I will have to look for those hair pins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking for those pins this week! Okay, so I know you pride yourself on being real and honest, and i'm going to be exactly that with you--as I always am;-) I am digging everything about your OOTD, except the sweater. It's a cute sweater, but with the pants, which have volume, it does your amazing body (for which you have WORKED for) no justice. I'm not saying everything has to be tight, but a more fitted top would show off your cute shape a bit better and let the cool shape of the anthro pants stand out more.
    The sweater would look better with some of your cute skinny jeans:-)
    So am I supposed to do that with OOTDs? I'm still getting the hang of this you know!
    As for the watch: I don't know what to say. I've never been a big fan of watches that are way too big on myself, but it's a very cute watch, so I don't know??

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS-maybe it's the last pic that made me feel that way, because it does look a little more fitted in the first pic. Maybe it's the scarf (which I love!) and sweater together. Am I getting too analytical here? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, Kara, you are right. The sweater is the type of sweater that stretches throughout the day, so it was smaller when I put in on. I took these pictures later- right before getting my pj's on. I was thinking when I was driving home that I like the sweater and the tank under it (same color), but I will wear it with a pair of fitted/shredded jeans I have next time, and the pants will be with a more fitted top. That was also the first time I wore those pants, and I put them in the wash to wash/dry and try to shrink them down a tad. Overall, you are right. And of course, I LOVE the feedback. You know that stuff doesn't bother me. :)
    I think the watch is going back. I took it off last night and looked at it some more, and there is no way to make it smaller. I wanted to love it, but I think it was the one LC was describing I wanted. Ugh. Oh, well. Now I know.
    I caved to the Tuesday sale this a.m., so I have another order coming, and returning this an one other thing will help offset that purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, welcome to the Spin Pin Party - I'm on my second set now (when they say make sure not to tangle the two pins together, they mean business!) and I love them - so easy! You look adorable with your hair pulled back in the bun! Can't wait to see what goodies you picked up at the sale! I'm sorry the watch wasn't a better fit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I had known about spin pins, my hair would still be long!!! Seriously, I kept trying to put it up too, and couldn't find a cute, comfy way to do it. Live and learn. As for the watch, if you don't LOVE it, don't keep it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, no way! You made the right choice. :) I love your new haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really want to try those spin pins! must look for them the next time i go to the store! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are the 2nd person to recommend these! i will def have to look into them. my hair is too long and heavy for all day buns. that just sounds weird.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heidi, You will love them. I have used them every day since I got them. All day buns are so much better than half-day buns. (You have to work out every day to get those.)

    ReplyDelete